We have been notified by National Highways that there will be a full weekend closure of the M42 from 9pm on Friday 9th February until 5am on Monday 12th February. This is to complete emergency demolition works due to damage caused by a vehicle striking a bridge. The latest information can found here however we have summarised some useful information below.
- Between junction 6 and junction 9 in both directions from 9pm on Friday 9 February to 5am on Monday 12 February 2024.
- A signed diversion will be in place for road users.
- If work progresses faster than expected the M42 motorway will be reopened earlier, if possible.
- The southbound carriageway will be closed from M42 junction 9 to junction 6, together with the link arm from M6 south to M42 south and the M6 north to M42 south arm.
- Road users travelling on the M6 wanting to access the M42 south, including those heading to the Birmingham International Tattoo at the NEC are advised to leave the M6 at junction 4 then head south on the A446 to Stonebridge Island and west on the A45 to join the M42 at junction 6.
- Those already travelling southbound on the M42 could consider leaving the motorway at junction 9 and taking the A446 south to join either the M6 at junction 4 or the M42 at junction 6.
- The northbound carriageway will be closed from junction 6 to 7 including the link to the M6.
- Road users travelling northbound on the M42 are advised to exit at junction 6 to access the NEC campus.
The latest information can found here.