Find out more about Troop Aid or donate
Find out more about Royal Star & Garter or donate
Each year through the generous support of our audiences we raise funds for various charities who work to assist veterans and those serving in our Armed Forces.
The organisers of the Birmingham International Tattoo would like to thank all of those who attended the 2023 Tattoo and helped us raise additional funds for forces charities Troop Aid and Royal Star and Garter.
Money raised during the Saturday performance goes to Troop Aid. When service personnel are injured either on training exercise or in combat operations they are admitted to hospital without their personal effects or clothing. Troop Aid supplies them with a grab bag of the 'basic essentials'.
The money raised on the Sunday performance goes to Royal Star & Garter, a charity which cares for disabled veterans and has a local home at Solihull only a few miles away from where the Tattoo is held each year. Over the last few years we have raised over £126,000 for the Royal Star & Garter Homes.
Many years of charity support
In addition, the organisers of the Birmingham International Tattoo are pleased to have supported the following charities over the last 29 years of the event
- The Birmingham Settlement
- The British Forces Foundation
- The British Limbless Ex-Serviceman's Association
- The Royal Air Forces Association
- The Birth Defects Foundation
- The 'Light Up a Light' Campaign
- The King George's Fund for Sailors
- The Army Benevolent Fund
- Post & Mail Christmas Tree Appeal
- Birmingham Mail Charity Trust
- The Birmingham Foundation
- Cancer Research
- Birmingham Children's Hospital Appeal
- The Royal Star & Garter Homes
- Troop Aid